BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Monday Grocery Madness

Wow, I can't believe I've been out of it this long. It has been a long time since I have been sick like this. Apparently Thursday's respite was false hope and Friday I crashed down again into extreme fatigue and flu. However, after having been forced to do nothing but relax and sleep (by my loving husband) for the last several days, I think that I am finally over the worst of it! I just hate being sick and not getting things done!
So even with being sick I did make it to the grocery store on my good days to take advantage of those amazing general mills deals this week!
Thursday Publix trip:
Total before coupons/savings: $24
Total spent: $1.25!!!
Percentage of savings: 95%



Monday Publix trip:
Total before coupons/savings: $37.42
Total spent: $8.41
Percentage of savings: 78%


Tuesday Publix trip:
Total before coupons/savings: $40.06
Total spent: $9.15
Percentage of savings: 77%
( Our internet was down all weekend and after getting it fixed tuesday afternoon, I found the coupons reset for the frosting and the veggies. I wasn't going to make another trip out, but since I actually made money on these with the general mills deal, I decided it was worth it, especially after being home ALL day "relaxing":)

Oh and just in case you added it up and realized we were still under our $30/week budget, let me tell you what we did with the extra. Normally if we have extra, I add it to the next week's $, but since I'd been sick and haven't been cooking, we decided to splurge and stop by Subway on our way home for a $5 footlong...it was a very satisfying little extra and we have quite the stockpile growing in our pantry and freezer so I know I don't have a lot of necessities to buy for next week:)
I hope to be back here with regularity bringing you deals and freebies now that I'm on the mend...

0 comments: