BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Monday Grocery Madness

Here's the total from yesterday's grocery shopping. I did the Publix in 2 trips because I found the coupon books after I finished checking out at the first Publix and then just happened to be driving by another one later in the day and decided to take advantage of the candle deals on penny item day.


I did make a trip to Ingles/Walmart this weekend to pick up some last minute necessities for party food but didn't take a picture of those trips which totaled $10.

Publix trip #1:
Total before coupons/savings: $37.91
Total spent: $12.54
Percentage of savings: 73%
Publix trip #2:
Total before savings/coupons: $24.37
Total spent: $1.65
Percentage of savings: 93%
Aldis/Bread store stop:
Total spent: $6.77

Total Spent in groceries: $30.96 (staying right at our $30/week allottment for gocery food)

Note: I have just recently changed our budget to $30/week in groceries and $10/week for eating out or fast food extras. This works for us because that's what we were doing, but it was all under a $40/week budget. I think it helps us to keep it separate so that the grocery $ doesn't get spent on a spontaneous invite out to eat...still in the trial stages of this change, so we'll see how it works, but I have high hopes this will smooth things out:) I think that it is good to continually be adjusting and readjusting the budget so that we can try to be the best stewards possible of the money given to us.






0 comments: